Fitting into Finland: A group for English-speaking men
Have you followed your heart to Helsinki, but found your head isn’t so happy?
Sign up to our six-week wellbeing program for men, designed to help you thrive in your in your life in Finland.
Join our group specially designed for English-speaking men in Finland. Over six weeks our team of qualified psychologists and therapists will use evidenced based interventions for increasing happiness, wellbeing and building resilience to stressful events to help you enjoy your new life in Finland to the fullest.
Topics covered include:
- Positive emotions and how to feel more grateful
- Engagement in what you are passionate about
- Positive and inclusive relationships, with your spouse and your new community in Finland
- Meaning in life and identifying what your values are
- Feeling competent – and how to feel this way when Finland is your new home and/or you struggle to get fulfilling work here
Group Program Information
The six-week course will consist of evening sessions of 90 minutes held on the following dates:
- Tuesday evenings from 4th September to 9th October at 5.30pm – 7pm (17.00 hours to 18.30)
- Location is at Compass Centre, Pohjoinen Hesperiankatu 3B9. Tea and coffee are provided.
- Cost for six sessions of 90 minutes each is 300€. You can sign up and pay using this webshop link.
Facilitators are Annabel Battersby, Clinical Psychologist, and Timothy Hudd, BA (Hon) Counselling Studies.
Annabel Battersby, MClinPsych, is a registered psychologist in Finland and Australia. She works for Compass Psychology in Helsinki with English-speaking clients using a CBT, cognitive integrative approach.
Timothy Hudd, BACP registered counsellor and psychotherapist, is from the UK. He has completed three-year training in Integrative Counselling, using a humanistic, client-led approach. He has recently set up practice in Helsinki at Englishtherapyhelsinki.fi.
In love with a Finn, but not with Finland?